Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hummus 'N Music

I would've titled this post, “A little bit of Heaven on Earth,” but since I found myself feeling that way many times (mostly while eating…is that bad? :) ) during the last several weeks, I decided I better save this for a way-over-the top, absolutely amazing eating experience.

Still, I must share this unique recipe for hummus that even I might have never considered had I not happened upon this interesting blog yesterday afternoon.

Since I had sweet potatoes on hand that I were crying out to be used; since I had just re-discovered the tahini I had forgotten about in the fridge; since I had already planned to get my food processor dirty pureeing some acorn squash (for this bread – which was delicious too!) and mostly since I was hungry; I decided to make the Sweet Potato Hummus straightaway.

It must’ve been a God-inspired decision. While listening to Be Lifted High the new CD from Bethel Church I:

prepared the ingredients (forgot to get the black pepper…added it later :) )

Followed the directions, and viola


Okay, I have to say it…

I experienced a little bit of Heaven on Earth.

 I’m reminded of 1 Timothy 6:17: “…put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.” Thank you, Lord!


2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness! Can't wait to try this hummus!!! And so excited for your blog... Yay Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hummus. My sister found this hummus-song on youtube once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIybz6axr1Q&feature=mr_meh&list=FLn-dJ0St9d50&index=22&playnext=0 It's a song just about hummus. Quite funny, or my sister and I might just have a weird sense of humour. xD

    ReplyDelete